I am so thrilled to have been nominated for the “One Lovely Blog Hop” by Aspirations of Flight! Having only set up my website in August last year, I honestly didn’t expect to get as much publicity and as many hits as I have in the past few months. Nonetheless, it has been an exceptional journey and I want to thank everyone who has commented, liked and followed my posts and blog! I see every single one of you, and appreciate every single view. This is also a great way for me to show you all who I’ve been watching on WordPress, and to find out a bit about myself, too!
So I’ve heard that there are some rules to abide by for this little adventure; 7 interesting facts about myself and 10 blogs I’d like to nominate, too. So, here it goes!
7 Facts About Myself
- I’m an only child. Both a blessing and a downfall at the same time. I’ve acquired a sense of independence, but I’m sure it’d be lovely if there was another person in the house to do the washing up every now and then…
- I am obsessed with crime dramas – Criminal Minds is on the top of my list. Having watched every episode more than twice, I am a huge fan and love solving the crimes with them! (Sounds very nerdy, I know, but everyone has a hobby!)
- I used to choreograph contemporary dance when I was in high school and college. Contemporary dance is, in my opinion, the most mesmerising form of dance. You connect with the music on a physical, spiritual level, not just physical. The fluidity of body movements has captivated me since I was young, and it’s something I’m still incredibly passionate about.
- I am a huge fan of Shakespeare. It’s taken me roughly four years to understand the way he writes and now, I fall in love with every word of his. I’m trying to get through all his plays first, then his sonnets. Shakespeare’s work is like no other, and something I see more as a hobby than a degree or a chore!
- Lang Leav is my biggest inspiration for poetry. Both she and Michael Faudet are exactly what love should be all about, and it’s her poetry that captures feelings of the heart exceptionally.
- I drafted (a rather rubbish) novel when I was 13 years old, “The Forgotten” and worked on it for about three years. It wasn’t great, a rather odd plot and slightly stereotypical characters, but I was proud of it nonetheless, and it’s something I’d quite like to edit and finish when I have more time in the future.
- My favourite memory is when I danced for the first time in public at my aunt’s wedding, when I was only 4 years old. I think around 200 people were watching me, and I remember my mum and grandmother being so proud of me when I got through the whole routine in one piece!
I have to admit, those 7 facts aren’t riveting, but hopefully you’ve learnt a bit more about me as a person, as opposed to just reading my poetry and writing.
Now for the 10 blogs I’m nominating:
Thanks for the nomination, happy blogging!